EFCC Reinvites Osun Accountant-General Over Alleged N30bn Stadium Contract Scandal
EFCC Reinvites Osun Accountant-General Over Alleged N30bn Stadium Contract Scandal

• “Contract Was Awarded Without State Executive Council Approval” -Sources
By Abraham Wogu, Abuja
The ongoing investigation into alleged financial impropriety involving some top officials of the Osun State Government has reportedly taken a fresh dimension, following the reinvitation of the state Accountant-General, Mr Rasheed Olalere Alabi, by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
Sources familiar with the development disclosed that the Accountant-General had been directed to report at the EFCC office on Monday over allegations surrounding the controversial N30 billion contract for the reconstruction of the Osogbo City Stadium.
The project, according to sources, was allegedly awarded without the approval of the State Executive Council, thereby raising questions over due process and compliance with extant procurement regulations.
Investigators are also said to be probing the circumstances surrounding the award of the contract to Monimichelle Sports Facility Construction Company, the same firm that handled the construction of the sports complex at Adeleke University Ede.
The latest invitation is coming on the heels of earlier interrogations and alleged detention of some senior government officials, including the Chief of Staff to Governor Ademola Adeleke, Alhaji Kazeem Akinleye, over the alleged Sally Tibbot payroll fraud, alleged mismanagement of N12 billion ecological funds, as well as issues relating to the handling of over N100 billion local government allocations and TETFUND projects in the state allegedly involving company owned by Akinleye, Akinkas Interbiz Limited.
Sally Tibbot, a tax audit firm, had accused the Ademola Adeleke government of paying N13.7billion to ghost workers yearly since 2023, amounting to over N40 billion in three years.
Multiple sources within government circles said the renewed EFCC action has reportedly triggered anxiety within the administration, amid fears that the widening investigation could extend to individuals believed to be influential within the government structure.
Insiders alleged that some close relatives and associates of the governor, including Mrs Dupe Adeleke-Sanni and billionaire businessman Deji Adeleke, father of music star Davido, may come under scrutiny as the investigation progresses.
The sources further claimed that both Dupe Adeleke-Sanni and Deji Adeleke wield enormous influence within the current administration, with some political observers alleging that Governor Adeleke is merely overseeing the affairs of government on their behalf.
As of the time of filing this report, neither the Osun State Government nor the EFCC had issued any official statement regarding the latest development.
TRENDING SONGS
Sanwo-Olu Tours Massive Tolu Education Hub Set to Transform Learning for 20,000 Lagos Students
Ghana Police Arrest 11 Nigerians in Tamale Crackdown on Drugs, Cybercrime
Malami Breaks Silence on INEC–ADC Dispute, Urges Calm Amid Political Tensions
£746m Nigeria–UK Deal Sparks Debate Over Ajaokuta Steel’s Future
FG Kicks Off 56km Ekiti–Osun Link Road to Boost Regional Trade
Tinubu Condemns Plateau and Kaduna Attacks, Calls for Urgent Action Against Violence
Tonto Dikeh Opens Up on Dark Past: From Cult Involvement to Spiritual Renewal
Alleged Truck Tampering Lands Lagos Man in Court Over Theft Claims
Senegal Tightens Anti-LGBTQ Laws, Doubles Prison Terms Amid Rights Concerns
Infantino Watches Iran Friendly Amid World Cup Venue Uncertainty
Share this post with your friends on ![]()
