How fire kills seven family members in Kano
At least seven members of a family were confirmed dead following a midnight fire incident in the Tudun Wada area, Nassarawa Local Government Area of Kano State.
The incident was said to have occurred as a result of a spark from an electricity plug when power was restored in the area.
First Class Gists gathered that the incident that led to the death of the father, mother, and five of their children, happened while they were asleep.
Our correspondent also learnt that the victims were burnt to death, while the sixth child died after he was rushed to the hospital.
When First Class Gists contacted the Public Relations Officer of the Kano State Fire Service, Saminu Abdullahi, he confirmed the incident adding that the victims died as a result of suffocation from smoke generated by the fire incident.
The incident happened at midnight while the victims were deeply asleep. The victims died as a result of suffocation.
“We got a distress call in the early hours of today (Monday) through one Ibrahim Sani. When our men got to the scene, they discovered it was a residential house that was razed by a fire.
Seven people lost their lives in the incident as they were suffocated by the smoke from the incident. The victims were rushed to the hospital, where they were confirmed dead by a medical doctor.
“When our men got to the scene, they discovered the victims had been evacuated to the hospital, and neighbours and other Good Samaritans had put out the fire before our men got to the scene,” he said.